Hitch hiking blennies

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a while back I posted about some blennies that somehow made it into my tank. The one I saw was TINY. Well today I found it again and theres two!!! Saw them both at the same time. Pretty sure they are molly millers now that they are getting bigger, different shape and pattern from a lawnmower. One lives in my hairy mushroom colony the other shares a hole that has green hair algae growing in it with my midas blenny, Mo! They are super cute and Im so shocked that neither the marine betta or my dwarf fuzzy has eaten them!!! They are super cool to watch.

I still have no clue how they got in my tank or where they came from but hey Im not mad, got two cute little blennies! (Maybe more? Lol)

IMG_2331.jpeg IMG_2329.jpeg IMG_2328.jpeg IMG_2326.jpeg

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your lucky !
I know! I was like where the H did these come from? At first I thought they were bad cause I would see it dart really fast but now that I can see them and they are not super skitty I know they are blennies for sure! Super cute little guys.

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know! I was like where the H did these come from? At first I thought they were bad cause I would see it dart really fast but now that I can see them and they are not super skitty I know they are blennies for sure! Super cute little guys.
Do you think they come from some LR you bought is that a possibility?

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think they come from some LR you bought is that a possibility?
See thats the weird thing, all my rock is caribsea and dry before it goes in my tank so theres no way it came in on them! Im wondering if they came in on that mushroom colony, thats a type of live rock and I got that colony together like that but its been in the tank for a fat minute, so maybe they were just good at hiding

Joj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always a bonus! Have a fat Molly miller Blenny myself and they are cool when trying to back into a hole smaller then his stomach. Got some TB live rocks recently but unfortunately no hitchhiking fish. I also agreed must of been on your mushroom colony

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
See thats the weird thing, all my rock is caribsea and dry before it goes in my tank so theres no way it came in on them! Im wondering if they came in on that mushroom colony, thats a type of live rock and I got that colony together like that but its been in the tank for a fat minute, so maybe they were just good at hiding
That’s awesome have you noticed them eating aiptasia if you had any? They are supposed to eat aiptasia and some coral

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is cool. They totally could have come in on a mushroom colony. If they are Molly Miller, then they are from the Caribbean. If the mushrooms are from the Pacific, then the blennies hitched a ride in a store or wholesaler somewhere.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome have you noticed them eating aiptasia if you had any? They are supposed to eat aiptasia and some coral
Well I got a klieni butterfly and Ive seen him eat them all the time so its hard to say if these guys eat them. I dont see them during the day, just at night!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Looks like one is a molly miller, and the other is Ecsenius sp.
I think they both are molly millers. I have a midas in there in one of the pictures blocking them but they look identical. Thought it was the same blenny until I realized the other handnt moved!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 106 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back