Hitchhiker from black feather star

  • Thread starter Thread starter zoazoas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zoazoas

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
22
Reaction score
9
Location
Malaysia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys..I found this crab hitch hiking on my black feather star! Can anyone tell me the name of the crab and whether it is reef safe??:bigsmile:
image.jpg
Thanks!!
 
Thanks for the info. I am not very sure if i should put it in the aquarium. I put it in the QT for now. :squigglemouth:
 
Yep it's a squat lobster and I believe they are peaceful and reef safe. Look it up on live aquaria, they often sell them in divers den inverts.
 
Well, this is difficult - I really don't want to contradict Live Aquaria. This crab is a carnivore! That alone should tell you it's not reef safe. But in my personal experience I had one in my tank and every morning I would find it clinging on an acro eating it; until I caught it.
 
THosa squat lobsters are obligatory commensals with crinoid!!! THey should live together and both benefit from this relationship! :o)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new