Hitchhiker in my candy cane!?!?

Regalcinema

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2021
Messages
41
Reaction score
62
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, recently I got a candy cane coral, I haven't noticed anything unusual until today I noticed what looks like a small tentacle extending out of one of the mouths I haven’t seen never seen this before. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this… below is a link to a short YouTube video to show what it’s doing, there there are 2 videos total one is a little longer than the other!

thank you all in advanced for the responses!

https://youtube.com/shorts/H2KrRCNKgeY?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/JJVSfKo2z8U?feature=share
 
Very difficult to see what you are seeing. I'd consider dipping the coral.
 
Very difficult to see what you are seeing. I'd consider dipping the coral.
I’ll try and get a better video! But I have dipped the coral a couple times. Nothing has worked on removing what it is!
 
Can you get a video of it doing its thing while in the water? It's not really identifiable like this.
Yes I will try and get a better video. It looks like a fan/hand waving poking in and out!
 
Looks like a small crab or sea spider but Unconfirmed. Submersed under white lighting is best chance of positive ID
 
Looks like a small crab or sea spider but Unconfirmed. Submersed under white lighting is best chance of positive ID
Thank you for the help tomorrow I will get a better video and I’ll post a link to it! I’m more or less worried if it’s something I should try to remove or leave as is…
 
What dip or dip series are you using?
Right now I’m just using ReVive by two little fishies, heard it’s the best just kinda stuck with it.
 
A waving hand sounds like a barnacle. If that's the case, it's harmless, and a dip may kill it but can't remove it.

That's what I was thinking when they said waving hand. Was a barnacle.

@Regalcinema does it look like this? This is a barnacle that was on one of our new corals we got in. Wasn't sure either at first until we asked here on R2R. We named that coral Barny now lol.

 
That's what I was thinking when they said waving hand. Was a barnacle.

@Regalcinema does it look like this? This is a barnacle that was on one of our new corals we got in. Wasn't sure either at first until we asked here on R2R. We named that coral Barny now lol.


THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS!!! Thank you!! Okay, I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something terrible that would wreck the tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new