Hitchhiker with hermit crabs - Flatworm?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Steverd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Steverd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
295
Reaction score
199
Location
Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you ID this critter? It was inside a bag with assorted hermit crabs.
Shipped from a sell in Florida this morning. It is about 1/2 inch.
Is it a type of flat worm? Is it dangerous for my frag tank?
Man, now I want to soak my snails/crabs in some before adding
to my tank. I have Revive, Flatworm Exit and Coral Pro RX.
Are any of these Cerith snail and hermit crab safe?

Thank you

worm-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
None of those dips are safe for your critters, they're designed to imobilize and kill small crustaceans. The best you could do is put them in a QT system for a while and look foot more hitchhikers until you're sure there is nothing dangerous in the group.

As for the unknown critter, it looks like some sort of flatworm to me, I would keep it out of the frags tank just to be safe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new