Hmmm, what to do???

Chowder3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
33
Reaction score
91
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Pompus;Pompus;Pompus;Pompus;Pompus

I have always wanted a saltwater tank but just never committed I guess. They are stunning!!! Well now I am ready but I think I need to hear the good and the bad. Don't get me wrong I am so ready to do this - no matter how much work it is. I have no knowledge at all on a saltwater system but am open to everything so I am literally just shopping around to decide what size tank do I even want?!? Starting from a cube tank to a 100+ gallon. Then following all the proper steps. It is good to see a lot of "How to" videos online. When I was small my dad had a 100+ gallon freshwater tank and that was his baby. It sounds like saltwater is going to be more work than that. For that reason, I just would like to get as many opinions about your thoughts on Saltwater tanks. Especially for a beginner.......the good and the not so good.

I hope you all are having a great Friday. Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully I hear from you.

Chow!
 
Do it!

No better way to start than putting some rocks in a warm tub of saltwater with a heater, a powerhead, and a dead shrimp.
Then plan til your heart's content while your rocks come to life nearly unattended.

619Wac1Kf0L._AC_SX450_.jpg
 
Do it!

No better way to start than putting some rocks in a warm tub of saltwater with a heater, a powerhead, and a dead shrimp.
Then plan til your heart's content while your rocks come to life nearly unattended.

619Wac1Kf0L._AC_SX450_.jpg
YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
 
Welcome to R2R! The biggest downside to the hobby is that my tanks are never big enough! Lol I'm always looking at a larger tank thinking that I should upgrade.

On a serious not the hobby is very fulfilling and can be as expensive as you want it to be. However, there are also many opportunities to purchased new/used equipment on the forum or from local reefers at significant discounts.

Always take it slow and research anything that you plan to do. Nothing good happens fast in this hobby.

Best of luck and happy reefing!
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun... :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new