HOB overflow noise issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chameleon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,249
Reaction score
93
Location
Rockville, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall
I have been having issues with my overflow making lots of noise. I tried the sending the tube down the shaft and it worked marginally. Today I tried a new method involving a 1/4 cup measuring spoon. Check out the video for details...especially the last 30 seconds. Anyone have any better suggestion. Actually I am quite happy with the measuring spoon but I am worried it may dislodge and clog the drain leading to an overflow. Would love suggestion.
Cham
[video=youtube;8fA1i2tRNjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fA1i2tRNjg[/video]
 
Filter floss..or a round pre filter sponge I have one i can send you Either one will make that a lot more quiet.. Good luck
 
I tried the durso but it wont fit also tried filter sponge and it helped a bit. While working on the durso I found that a short pvc adapter and a short wider pvc on top of that helped. guess Ill stick with that for now
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new