HOB Refugium

JimG1966

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been reading up on hob refugium. Needing something to help with the nitrates in the tank and building up copapods. Anyone else use one of these and have any luck? Been looking at this one but thought someone might know of one that was alittle better of a deal.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO it can't hurt, but on the other hand, I have real doubts that it would help much either.

How big is your tank? How will you light the fuge?

OP
OP
JimG1966

JimG1966

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is a 55 gallon. I have not got into the thoughts on the lighting of it yet but figure on some kind of small clip on light. It should not take a very big light I would not think. The tank right now has a mix match of corals in it but as far as fish goes.. mandrian dragonet, 2 small clowns, pipefish and a couple of cleaner shrimp. Along with a small cuc.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, pipefish and mandrian are hard to keep even in a much bigger, mature tank. Good luck.

OP
OP
JimG1966

JimG1966

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, pipefish and mandrian are hard to keep even in a much bigger, mature tank. Good luck.
yea i know i got my hands full.....my wife seen pipefish when we set the 55 up, since then we have set up a 125 and working on a 210 but promised her a tank for those small sensitive things she is wanting... pipefish, seahorse.. things of that nature but i have not got to her tank so to keep her into it with alittle reluctice i added the pipefish to the 55 reef

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one. They will work and are good the 110 aquaclear would be better than the 70.

Remember to sand the top of the blades and not the sides.

Rkdunn1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been reading up on hob refugium. Needing something to help with the nitrates in the tank and building up copapods. Anyone else use one of these and have any luck? Been looking at this one but thought someone might know of one that was alittle better of a deal.

I’m looking for one to add to my 75 gallon aquarium. I want one that has the light included. I haven’t found the right one yet.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a cpr aquatic small and I love mine. I also run a canister filter, but the refugium is my primary means of filtration. Tons of pods in my tank

Tim McLellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a CPR Aquatics Aquaguge HOB from BRS on my 55g, which seems pretty decent. It came with a light, I started it with chaeto which kind of just melted away, but my culerpa has done well in it. I still battle GHA in the display, so I can't claim that it's sucking up the nutrients to battle that, but I like having it. I keep some hermits, trochus snails and even a sexy shrimp in it, so it's like a little mini side-tank, and the output provides a little more flow into the DT.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back