Hob skimmer

huckilt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno what I’m the world is going on but over a couple hours after lights on today my skimmer went into overdrive! It usually runs pretty consistently with only very minute changes needed to get the skim I want. And like I said for some reason it kicked into overdrive producing pretty much double the foam bubbles as before. I noticed when I seen the collection cup full of clearing(pushing out the thick dark skim mate with clean water from all the extra foam)water. I’ve never seen this skimmer run this way and I’ve had it for several years on multiple tanks. It’s an eshopps psk75 hob skimmer. Has anyone else had this happen? Or know possibly why it happened? I’ve checked and everyone I can count is there the only things I couldn’t count were the nassarius snails cause they are always under the substrate I had my peppermint shrimp molt a few days ago then a hermit a day or two after that. I took out the hermit molt as it was easy to see and take out but the peppermint shrimps molt was so translucent once I went to move it and pick it up it blew in the current and I lost it. I dunno if that could possibly cause this but I jus thought I’d mention it. If there’s anything I left out that could be helpful to figuring this out jus let me know and I’ll fill in all the blanks I can.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,hope you solved by now..clean venturi intake at pump,poss getting less air more water??

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back