HOB weight limit? HELP

Napa Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2015
Messages
363
Reaction score
143
Location
Napa CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a guide to how much weight an aquarium can hold as far as hob filters, skimmer and light fixture?

I have a bio wheel filter and an AquaMaxx HOB1 and now I'm hesitant on adding my new Radion XR15w Pro...
 
This is an excellent question!
You are true to bring this up :-)
[HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]
 
Definitely a good question. I'm not sure on an exact answer. It would depend on a lot of things such as is the tank rimmed or rimless, glass thickness and possibly the height of the tank. Hopefully someone can chime in with an answer for you.
 
Well in not sure about the glass thickness but it's a regular (Aqueon?) 29 gallon... 18in in height rimmed.
 
I'd call the company who made your tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new