OP
C

Costareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!!
Tell us a bit about yourself and the tank(s) you have.

Ok I’ve been in the hobby for over 20 years. Been in Costa Rica the last two and about a year and a half ago I started a 50g FO then upgraded to 100 gallon FOWLR. In June I switched over to full blown reef tank with lots of frags.

It’s hard to get the choice stuff that’s readily available in the US so everything I have was aquacultured on the coral side. The fish come from a store in San José and even though I ask for specific fairy wrasse for instance they send me some sort of unknown or unidentified fairy. So it’s tough to get what i actually want but what i do get us still very nice especially when choices are limited. I live 5 hrs away so going over there isn’t a great option. Hopefully by visiting the forums i can look into things I’ve always taken for granted and optimize my resources.

For instance I’ve tried to get a healthy bta but all they seem to bring in are very bleached. I want to do some research here and talk to folks about rehabbing the two BTAs I have. I think this is going to be my only option over here for an anemone.

In my 100g it’s all a mixed reef with anything from mushrooms to to some acro. I use NSW and everything is growing pretty fast.

I’m originally from Colorado. Love the hobby. Love to scuba dive love spearfishing. :)

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You'll definitely get lots of good advice here. Glad to have you with us. I really enjoy diving too, though I haven't done any spear fishing in years.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back