Hole in clam mantle

  • Thread starter Thread starter MMI
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MMI

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2019
Messages
734
Reaction score
350
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got my first clam a week ago and today I noticed a hole near the corner. Is opening its siphon or is it a sign of disease?

20200311_095939.jpg
 
Thats a part of the clam
 
Looks like the in side of the clam. The current goes in there and out the other hole. Clam looks ok
 
Ok great. Thank you all for your input. That makes me feel better.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new