Hole in large Haddoni carpets foot, help

CobrahSparkles

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2015
Messages
409
Reaction score
147
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a large (2" when open) haddoni from a local reefer, never saw the foot until today (had it about a week now) I had it in a tupperware container in the tank, cause thats what I used to keep it from sticking to the bucket while acclimation, hoping it would make its way out eventually. Well it was still there tonight so I propped the tupperware up to help coerce it out and it just fell over. Decent sized hole in the foot, mesinterial filaments were clearly visible. A golf ball sized ball of filament visible. I contacted the previous owner and asked if he had pulled if off the rock/glass too quickly when preparing it for sale. He said it had never been attached to anything which leads me to believe it has had that hole for a while. I've been feeding it krill, and its been eating. Very possible it spit the krill up later, or after I went to bed or something but I dont really know. Where do I go from here, how can I treat it? I've read it's almost impossible to treat this and the nems usually dont make it. I've got all powerheads off right now, and the nem is placed in the sand. Cant keep the powerheads off forever and I highly doubt it will attach overnight. Pic below.
 
Pic is bad I know. The nem is upside down here for the pic you can see the filaments.

1452392766317.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new