Hollywood stunner white

  • Thread starter Thread starter dan 13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dan 13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2014
Messages
212
Reaction score
89
Location
Indianapolis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this for 8 months growing like crazy u can see the thick part witch is the frag portion. Tons of growth but it's very pale. Any suggestions? Too much light?

20240124_172114.jpg
 
I have had this for 8 months growing like crazy u can see the thick part witch is the frag portion. Tons of growth but it's very pale. Any suggestions? Too much light?

20240124_172114.jpg
Yikes that does not look good. What are your parameters? Any sudden spike in temp, ph or any parameters for that matter?
 
I have had this for 8 months growing like crazy u can see the thick part witch is the frag portion. Tons of growth but it's very pale. Any suggestions? Too much light?

20240124_172114.jpg
A few things to check listed below but something likely changed, as simple as light or water flow. But also others can be:
Some possible triggers of infection are:
- Alkalinity spike
- Temperature spike
- Salinity spike
- Low dissolved oxygen
- Poor water quality related with phosphate levels up to 5 ppm
- Addition of sand
- Changes in brand of salt
- Bad test kits giving faulty results
 
Temp 78
I keep my alk around 8.5
Nitrates were 0
Yall gonna hate me bc I only test these. I dose all for reef and trying to save money by only buying alk reagents
 
Prolly took a month to get Here. I saw the small white part from the nem stinging him so I rotated the rock and that made the nem move back away
 
A few things to check listed below but something likely changed, as simple as light or water flow. But also others can be:
Some possible triggers of infection are:
- Alkalinity spike
- Temperature spike
- Salinity spike
- Low dissolved oxygen
- Poor water quality related with phosphate levels up to 5 ppm
- Addition of sand
- Changes in brand of salt
- Bad test kits giving faulty results
Actually I did add sand about a month ago. I kept getting bare spots bc the figi pink blows all over the place so I added crushed coral to the bate spots but didn't remove any old sand
 
Actually I did add sand about a month ago. I kept getting bare spots bc the figi pink blows all over the place so I added crushed coral to the bate spots but didn't remove any old sand
Sand will raise silicate level and possible change to phosphates.
 
Ok silicates? 2nd problem I read about was pineapple sponges booming and I hear they thrive on silicate
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new