Holy cow! That is bright!

haitian_reefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2019
Messages
677
Reaction score
633
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to finally install my Aquatic Life T5 hybrid (61”) over Waterbox 7225 Peninsula.

I’m shocked at how bright the T5 alone are. My existing lights are 4 AI hydra 32hd. Im really concerned with bleaching my corals. How do I acclimate the corals to this additional light?
 
Last edited:
I decided to finally install my Aquatic Life T5 hybrid (61”) over Waterbox 7225 Peninsula.

I’m shocked at how bright the T5 alone are. My existing lights are 4 AI hydra 32hd. Im really concerned with bleaching my corals. How do I acclimate this t5s to the tank?
It’s hard to determine par solely by looking at the brightness.

To lower intensity of T5, simply raise the fixture higher.

I really don’t think the T5 needs acclimation though. :)
 
T5’s typically don’t need much acclimation if any. The spread and blending is so gentle I’ve not had any issues in the past. It’s the green content of the bulbs that make them appear so much brighter
 
I have the DX18 (48") with four 32 HDs over my 100g. The dimmable DX18 allowed me to dial back the intensity. In your case, if the fixture isn't dimmable, you can dial back the 32 HDs and acclimate accordingly within the AI app. PAR will not be an issue. LOL
 
I have the T5 hybrid with Radion over my 6' DT and use the T5's for a 4 hour peak sun approach and use the Radion for their express purpose.

But clearly the SPS have adapted to that cycle and the PAR reading are @400 at the top and the LPS in the bottom and partially under ledges appreciate the spread
 
Hi All!

i'm happy to report adding the T5 without acclimating the corals is going really well. As a matter fact, my corals have really started growing right before my eyes. Especially my montis. Thanks again to all for the great advice!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new