Holy Grail Fish

Do you own your holy grail fish/es??

• Total voters

kchristensen8064

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My holy grail fish that I have yet to have are. Desjardins Sailfin Tang. I'm in the process of planning my dream tank, that will finally be big enough to have one of these. My other would be a Gulf Signal Blenny. This one just doesn't seem to be available, though I have spent quite a bit of time looking. Maybe one day...

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is : Wild caught clarion angelfish...had one already in the early 80's...they were only $750-$1000 back then...

Jose A Venereo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A. la
tifasciatus
IMG_4924.JPG

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been on the hunt for perfectly shape Onyx Percula forever. Never got any until recently. Corpus is not like large city market. Nothing ever get here for very cheap.
I MO two WC Perculars 2 months ago, one turned Onyx under my care. Then yesterday, after work I decided to stop by the only LFS (other than Petco) here in Corpus and stumble on this Percula somebody "donated" back to the store. This LFS doesn't buy fish back, doesn't trade fish. If you want you can donate your fish to the LFS only. When you are the only game in town, you can get away with doing a lot of things. Petco does not take anything back periord.
Enough words. In the pictures below, the larger, yellow fish is the new addition to my QT and the smaller Onyx was the one I MO from Aquatic Collections several months ago. Just a few hours and they proceeded to pair and kick the other wild Percula out of the anemone.
The unusual thing about this Onyx Percula is that she have a very fine black line around her fins. I never seen any Percula, with as much black as she has on the body with such fine pencil line around the fins. Gives her a different looks than all the other Percula/Onyx Percula I have seen.

OnyxPercula2019071201Female.jpg

OnyxPercula2019071202.jpg

Last edited:

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m 32 this August and when I was less than 10 years old I opened a book that showed fishes of Australia. I saw the Harlequin Tuskfish and dreamed of owning this fish. Had no idea the saltwater hobby even existed until I was 15 and eventually purchased a Tusk in my early 20’s - absolutely amazing fish. Unfortunately had to pull the tank down due to a leak but now my RSRxxl750 is up and running I’ll be getting my holy grail fish: another Harlequin Tuskfish :)

Also a close second is the Fu Manchu Lionfsh. Beautiful fish. One day..

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m 32 this August and when I was less than 10 years old I opened a book that showed fishes of Australia. I saw the Harlequin Tuskfish and dreamed of owning this fish. Had no idea the saltwater hobby even existed until I was 15 and eventually purchased a Tusk in my early 20’s - absolutely amazing fish. Unfortunately had to pull the tank down due to a leak but now my RSRxxl750 is up and running I’ll be getting my holy grail fish: another Harlequin Tuskfish :)

Harlequin tusk is an awesome fish, I have two fu manchus, one is over 7 years old and the other is this unusual pink tone.

20190504_224005.jpg

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While neither expensive or rare, I really want a Mandarin Goby. Since I started my tank I've been working to try and get a good rotifer/pod population established so I can have the best chance. Recently I started an external phyto/pod growing chamber that I hope will work, but hasn't yet :(

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Harlequin Tusk is such a beautiful fish.
HarlequinTusk2018120601.jpg

HarlequinTusk.jpg

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty obsessed with captive bred fish. So far, I’ve done a good job of keeping my tank 100% CB. As such, I keep waiting for the captive bred blue tangs to make their way back to the market.
The last one I ordered died prior to shipment.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty obsessed with captive bred fish. So far, I’ve done a good job of keeping my tank 100% CB. As such, I keep waiting for the captive bred blue tangs to make their way back to the market.
The last one I ordered died prior to shipment.
Nice, what is your current collection of CB fish?

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of my holy grail fish, the multibar angelfish. Used to have another a potters angel and would love another.
Others i yet to have include;
-Cirrhilabrus isosceles, rhomboidalis
-halichoeres pallidus, iridis, melasmapomus
-anampses chrysocephalys
-paracentropyge venusta
-apolemichthys arcuatus, xanthocephalus
-chaetodontoplys conspiculatus
-any prognathodes or roaps buttetfly
-ventralis, sunset, randalls anthias.

Thats maybe too many to consider them to be holy grails lol.
20190703_193534.jpg

20190703_193524.jpg

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats so cool i hope they become more available, now adding gramma dejongi to my list lol, which i totally forgot about. I have its cousin the black cap gramma which was another holy grail fish of mine for 10 years forgot to mention

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back