Holy grail SPS?

thirst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
I've got a pretty extensive collection, but I gotta say my pink panther has to be the only piece I would not consider fragging for quite some time.

Here's a video of the tank

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's one that I've never know the name it's not a chips as I have that one and this is a lot more purple in person. When I bought this it was pure white and was sold to me as wild Snow White acro. I kinda wish it would have stayed but it's till my favorite one after 15 years.

d19f5c75f125b8cde25d86db7f08e3cc.jpg

d37c589172574393f22a3925dba56fb0.jpg

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
I've got a pretty extensive collection, but I gotta say my pink panther has to be the only piece I would not consider fragging for quite some time.

How do you keep yours pink? Mine is bluish green.

thirst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm haven't done anything unusual. Got the frag a while back from Adam at battle coral. Cost me an arm and a leg, but so far so good, encrusting and good PE.

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like some previous posters, I prefer just one or two bold colors to rainbow. I am also impressed by growth patterns.

For me it's one that I've never know the name it's not a chips as I have that one and this is a lot more purple in person. When I bought this it was pure white and was sold to me as wild Snow White acro. I kinda wish it would have stayed but it's till my favorite one after 15 years.

That looks a lot like the one in my avatar, which I would say is my own Holy Grail Acro because I shut that tank down, and the guy who bought the colony killed it, and all the people I gave frags to killed it, so I'm pretty sure my Holy Grail doesn't exist anymore. :( It looks a lot like Chip's, but imo it was nicer.

Sept4201120.jpg

Here it was as a baby:
Nov1420103.jpg

Last edited:

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one Coral that looks similar to Echinata, but has the growth pattern of a Dragon and grown out, it is ultra white and dark vibrant blue.
I have a few different Echinatas, but this guy grows extremely slowl and need much more light and is an eyecatcher.
The surface texture is somewhat unique and looks the coral is wearing a suit, look closer !!!

Got it from a guy years ago and only know it was several hundreds when he bought the frags even longer ago.
All frags in our City and community died or were lost, and the list of guys waiting for a frag is quite long.

Well the first frag of it, will go back to the guy I bought my frag from, who lost his mini colony in a crash.
It will take years to appear back as a colony ;-(

Hard to find, and hard to catch the colors on camera !!!
IMG_3296_zpsj0qewahs.jpg

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you keep yours pink? Mine is bluish green.

I'd say you don't have pink panther then, the range of color for that one is pretty much varying shades of pink, maybe shifting towards tannish in the worst of conditions.

Also, I'd agree with pink panther being one of those corals that will always be hard to come by.

Benders Bay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I retired to Borneo. I've had the privilege of diving Sipidan Island 15 times so far. I am a marine aquarium enthusiast. But there aint nothing like the real thing. BTW doing Breeding Aquaponics And all else I can

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wow thats a great idea,never thoughtof it,i have three nice colonies of monti in my tank,im going to recreate that!thats what i like about the forums you never know when you will be inspired.

JBNY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree placing nice colored acros in a group has more impact, but there are some old school rainbow acros are nice from a distance like Vivids Rainbow or Ultimates Rainbow acro.

A nice granulosa, no specific name, usually have 3-4 different hues or colors.

I'd concur though that most of what's new, last 5 years or so, I'd hardly call a rainbow acro unless you can buy a magnifying glasss to go with it.

For me "holy grail" are usually pieces I've admired for years or in the past long gone......some have names and some I just identify by colors and are rarely seen anymore or gone and never seen again......price is seldom the dividing line.

Like Cward's Milli--

Cward%20milli%20closeup_zpsqeyrfezl.jpg

cward%20milli%20colony_zpsksfv4hw5.jpg

Oh man! I wonder is that is my milli! I am pretty sure he might have got a piece from me back in the day I traded this a lot and sold quite a few frags. It is definitely a unique piece I have never seen this milli outside of the one I had.

Here is a pic I was able to find from my tank, I got it as a wild coral frag from the LFS back in 2002 I think,

DSCN3174.jpg

DSCN2967081016.jpg

thirst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I retired to Borneo. I've had the privilege of diving Sipidan Island 15 times so far. I am a marine aquarium enthusiast. But there aint nothing like the real thing. BTW doing Breeding Aquaponics And all else I can

Wow that sounds pretty awesome!

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Joe that coral is beautiful! It looks like it has more color, pink especially. That could be the same coral based on the lighting or the placement.

I would love to get a hold of your milli just as well even if they are different.

You had a lot of sweet corals in that tank back then.

JBNY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the slight color differences were lighting, VHO actinics brought a little bit of pink that I don't think was really there but used to show up in pictures. Plus I had a lot of lighting on that tank XM 10K MH. Yeah it was a super cool coral, unfortunately I do not have it anymore. One of the corals that, even though I gave to a few reefers when I upgraded my tank, everyone who had it lost it.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg

Dude I thought I had hoarding problems!

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the slight color differences were lighting, VHO actinics brought a little bit of pink that I don't think was really there but used to show up in pictures. Plus I had a lot of lighting on that tank XM 10K MH. Yeah it was a super cool coral, unfortunately I do not have it anymore. One of the corals that, even though I gave to a few reefers when I upgraded my tank, everyone who had it lost it.

Yea beautiful piece for sure! Could be the same like you say, the xm 10k really bring out some nice color. Both images make me wish one would end up in my tank :)

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I snagged a frag of Pink Panther from WWC on their last live sale. It's a small frag, but seems very happy so far. I'll take a pic in 10 years when it amounts to something o_O

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1 Og Purple Monster Holy Grail all acro.;)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back