Holy grail SPS?

KoiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is wow. Very nice and beautiful!!! I love the SPS.

Hebby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Purple Monster :)

14570258_10157625664955232_446880631826310957_n.jpg

cward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man! I wonder is that is my milli! I am pretty sure he might have got a piece from me back in the day I traded this a lot and sold quite a few frags. It is definitely a unique piece I have never seen this milli outside of the one I had.

Here is a pic I was able to find from my tank, I got it as a wild coral frag from the LFS back in 2002 I think,

DSCN3174.jpg

DSCN2967081016.jpg
Hey Joe, I got it as a small colony from a LFS that’s long closed down. I got acro eating flatworms and I couldn’t save the millepora. I did have to tear my 240g cube down when I built a new house, and I even set up a 120g at the new place, but with raising a family I just lost interest. I set a 7g cube up a few years ago, then a 24g cube, and now I have a 120g again. Another year or so and I’ll have a 500g tank…..lol, kidding
It’s really great to see pictures of the milli pop up still. Big E, I sure wish I had a frag to give you.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Joe, I got it as a small colony from a LFS that’s long closed down. I got acro eating flatworms and I couldn’t save the millepora. I did have to tear my 240g cube down when I built a new house, and I even set up a 120g at the new place, but with raising a family I just lost interest. I set a 7g cube up a few years ago, then a 24g cube, and now I have a 120g again. Another year or so and I’ll have a 500g tank…..lol, kidding
It’s really great to see pictures of the milli pop up still. Big E, I sure wish I had a frag to give you.

Hi cward,

Great to hear you're back in the hobby! I could have gotten a frag from you I'm sure back during the time of your tank of the month and I just never got around to it. Then when I started to ask around your tank had been taken down. I'm amazed no one around the area had it either as I know you had probably distributed it all around locally.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One million? What the heck ? No way. Got to be a typo.
...from seller....

Almost mythical acro. While it does exist, I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to actually frag this thing. Sorry for the tease. ;) Sure if you want to make me a millionaire and become instant lore by all means go right ahead and buy it. I'll probably deliver it personally as well. :)

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread. I have really enjoyed looking at the holy grails. mine is Peng's heart of the ocean! its a stunner.

So I got a piece of this at a frag farmers market last month WOW. I mean, I can't even get a pic to come out clear with the proper color. An Oregon tort is a beautiful navy/medium blue. This violet blue glows on a different level in person.

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
A legit purple monster is really the only one I can think of that is harder to find and grow since it's an extremely slow grower.

This was the answer 8 years ago and is still the answer today. The fact that someone said this back then and yet the legit PM is still so elusive now just proves it's holy grail worthiness.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back