Holy Shipping!

  • Thread starter Thread starter swayd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I wonder what type of next day shipping was selected.

If FedEx was told the box needed to get there the next morning they likely quoted "First Overnight".
That will get the package there typically before 9:00 AM, but costs roughly double the "Priority Overnight" rate which typically gets delivered before 10:30 AM.

UPS has a similar next day program so if the box was shipped "UPS Next Day Air-Early AM" it was shipped with highest priority with the driver going out of his/her way to hand deliver it before he/she started delivering the next tier of packages......BIG BUCKS!
 
Yeah big bucks and I lost a lot if money. I personally dished out $60 then the buyer another $80. I feel bad but what's done is done.
Now I have a much better understanding of what to do. I tried searching before I did ship and I just came up with some old articles and threads.
Thanks everyone I still feel pretty dumb but I guess that's how I'll learn.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new