Home office reef build thread Las Vegas

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers:)

I am late getting to this so I have some catching up to do. Like most of you I am very addicted to this hobby. I recently moved homes, and went from three tanks to 1 (1 reef, 1 fish, 1 fresh water). My new office build is coming along nicely so i wanted to share my progress and start a thread to share the journey and get feedback, help, ideas ect.

I'll start with some info on my old build.. Total water was approx 400 gallons, I was lucky enough to know an awesome guy here is las vegas who helps maintain the aquariums in our senior living developments. He used to own a glass shop and helped me build the aquarium. From there I was hooked:D
IMG_0977.JPG
IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0499.JPG
IMG_0594.jpg

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between my three tanks I messed with everything that was interesting; inverts, sharks, octo's, little bit of corals, aggressive fish ect. Hatching and keeping the baby sharks was awesome. I also really enjoyed the octo's. Soon ill set up a nano so I can get another.

IMG_0359.JPG
IMG_0374.jpg
IMG_1526 2.jpg
IMG_1725.JPG
DSC00129.JPG photo.jpg IMG_0359.JPG IMG_0374.jpg IMG_1526 2.jpg IMG_1725.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new office is in the front of the house and shares 2 common walls with my garage. the plan was to plumb the tank through the garage and back into the office through the closet. Inside the closet i put my sump (90 gallons) and frag tank, along with all my accessories, power ect. here are some rough sketches.

IMG_4555.JPG IMG_4556.JPG

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick shot showing the water changing station in progress..
IMG_4357.jpg

Andddddddd finally the wood work is underway!!

IMG_4401.jpg
IMG_4406.jpg
IMG_4411.jpg
IMG_4415.jpg

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So right now the tank is little over two months old. I used all live sand, and kept all my rock alive during the build. Me and a friend built a 90 gallon frag tank and installed it at his house. I took all my corals and fish over there while building this tank and waiting for it to cycle. he got really sick, and was hospitalized for a few weeks. So my corals took a pretty bad hit :eek:.. here some pics of the frag tank we built and a nice shot of his 300g...

Attachments

• IMG_3163.jpg
    IMG_3163.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_3164.jpg
    IMG_3164.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_3166.jpg
    IMG_3166.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 250
OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple pics of the closet/filtration room/frag tank as it comes together... i am still cleaning this up, hiding wires, adding all my equipment ect.. the woodwork still has some final touches, needs handles, new monitors, lighting ect. but coming together.
IMG_4435.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3970.jpg
    IMG_3970.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_3996.jpg
    IMG_3996.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_4342.jpg
    IMG_4342.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 200

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really think your going to get any work done in your office, I see a lot of day dreaming going on..:D

very nice!

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really think your going to get any work done in your office, I see a lot of day dreaming going on..:D

very nice!

No kidding how do you get any work done in an office like that? Everything looks great.

hahaha i'm addicted to two things, work and my fish tank. So its easy to know where to find me.

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.. that came out really nice.

That is an incredible office! Beautiful craftsmanship on the cabinetry. Great job!

Thank guys! appreciate you checking out my thread..

As i get caught up i will be kinda going backward showing off more details. Here is a few showing the gas assisted shocks for the canopy to raise the doors to access the top of the tank and led's. I really liked the idea of the tilted canopy.. i saw this on D2Minis thread and fell in love with it. i also didnt want my cabinetry to come out any further and take up more room in my office. this allows me side view windows and more room.

DSC03551.JPG

another with a top down view..

DSC03553.JPG

For the LED's i went with Hobby bug Euphotica one 24" and one 32". i had great sccess with another 32" led on my prior 90 gallon tank and moved that light to my frag tank. i know it is widely debated right now using T5's for SPS.. i am going to play with that down the road and possibly add some t5 lighting to supplements my led's. So far i have great growth/color with my LED's.

Here is some shots of the inside of the drawers. like you all i have a ton of "fish stuff" so luckily i have lots of storage to organize everything.

DSC03555.JPG DSC03556.JPG DSC03557.jpg

Here is a shot from inside the closet of the frag tank.

DSC03567.jpg

FTS.. I look forward to looking back over time and seeing how things progress. little over two months old right now..

DSC03611.JPG

And my favorite the SIDE VIEW from where I sit ..:D

DSC03616.JPG

thanks for checking in.. ;)

DomC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sonny with Aquatic Treasures has the retrofit in stock. I know couple of guys in the valley have been adding t5 to there leds.

Back