OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sonny with Aquatic Treasures has the retrofit in stock. I know couple of guys in the valley have been adding t5 to there leds.

Nice i will check out what he has.. im right up the street from him so i'm there every week unfortunately.

It must be rough getting up and going to the office every morning! LOL!

I only get the spend an hour or so in the morning while I trade then i have to head into the corp office.. :eek:

Awesome setup.

That is awesome!

Thanks!!

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of my favorite days start with coral deliveries :)

IMG_4631-1.JPG

IMG_4632.JPG

IMG_4647.JPG

Need help !!!

does anyone know why my hammer looks like this, instead of having the close knit full look, it has these stringy long tentacles.. ? everything in my tanks seems to be doing great except these. I also had an outbreak of BJS brown jelly after bringing in several hammers and torches and a few fell victum. Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

IMG_4643.JPG

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help !!!

does anyone know why my hammer looks like this, instead of having the close knit full look, it has these stringy long tentacles.. ? everything in my tanks seems to be doing great except these. I also had an outbreak of BJS brown jelly after bringing in several hammers and torches and a few fell victum. Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

IMG_4643.JPG

Thats 100% normal, I have a hammer wall that performs the "tentacle" dance all day long, it's very cool :D!

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one side note: keep other coral out of it's reach or the hammer will "hammer down" on them;)!

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cabinetry looks great nice build.... Live the little sharks and the octo from old setup... And lion heads on desk!

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Looks just like my canopy! ;)
Do you now what struts they used?
I find I have to replace them every 6-12 months. They lose their holding power.

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup! Keep up the great work, looking forward to more updates.

Noticing the jegs sticker on the toolbox and that truck poster/picture in your office, I am guessing your a car guy also, cool. ;)

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Looks just like my canopy! ;)
Do you now what struts they used?
I find I have to replace them every 6-12 months. They lose their holding power.

Never though about it till I saw your tank.. when thinking about my office; it gave me more room, broke up the monotony, and gave me a side view.. Are yours able to extend all the way so the shock can recharge? Mine are Stabilius Lift -o-matic gas springs. not sure which model.

Very nice setup! Keep up the great work, looking forward to more updates.

Noticing the jegs sticker on the toolbox and that truck poster/picture in your office, I am guessing your a car guy also, cool. ;)

Yea that's my other money sucking hobby .. lol I cant seem to leave them alone, currently finishing up my 66 C-10 build.

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reinstalled my sump light, and am blown away with the growth. I don't remember the chaeto growing like this before.

Before.

And after.
FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Installed some wireless features :)
Dropcam to help watch the tank and be able to communicate through the camera while im out of town jusssst in-case i need to explain to the fiance what to do or check for me.. :D

IMG_5065.PNG

Installed two Quirky pivot power surge protectors. I use the timers for my Ozone, sump light, water changing pumps ect.. its so nice not having to carry buckets or hoses anymore ;) also installed the wireless leds.. I went with these because they all run off one app on my i-phone and water changes can be done anywhere, along with checking in on my office.
IMG_4525.jpg

I am like a little kid with this coral viewer haha

DSC06577.JPG

IMG_4775.JPG

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be spending a lot of time at the office..
What kind of light is the sump light?

Nice build!

Just went to look as i bought it over a year ago and there is no company name.. I do know it is 6500Kelvin and 1200 Lumans. Bought it from Home depot. I see a lot oh Philips type of LED's that look similar.

That is an awesome home office. Love the cabinetry and everything. Looks great!

Thanks.

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So lately i have been trying to dial everything in. I am having some issues.

For one i have a red flat worm outbreak. I have had these in the past and would just suction them out, and after while they stopped multiplying. But i never got 100% rid of them. They stayed alive in my rock bins while the tank was down and are now taking off. I dropped in 3 velvet slugs, but at this pace/ 3 tanks infested ill need like 50. So i plan on letting them eat for a while, suction some out every week and then when the majority of the population is under control ill use the Flatworm Exit.

Next due to the amount of coral order i have been placing i have had several losses from RTN.. :mad:.. then of course it spreads to a few of my favorite sticks.. What do you guys do to control this?

IMG_5492.jpg

Next, I have noticed since setting up this tank that i was loosing color with my sticks. i keep seeing more and more people going back to T5 HO. Since i have my frag tank and main display looped, I thought this was a perfect chance for a comparison test.
So I installed 4 T5 to my LED fixture. I am running the T5's 9 hours and my leds blues only on 20% for 12 hours.
In just two weeks i am already seeing a difference in the Acros and Millies. the corali am holding below the tips are starting to color up. amount other noticeable differences. Gonna continue to watch this and see the difference. Also for good measure I frag a few of the same Acro and placed 2 in my display under LED only and 2 in the frag tank. This way the only difference between the 4 is the lighting.
IMG_5427.jpg
IMG_5489.jpg

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still fighting with my SPS at the moment, i didnt think my level could get off with 30% weekly water changes. But my DKH got down to 6 and calcium 380.. I have been dosing 2 part and fear i may have caused too drastic of a ALK swing which in return is slaying my Acros and Millies like there's no tomorrow :mad::(

P8170035.JPG
P8170036.JPG
P8170035.JPG
P8170036.JPG
P8170034.jpg
P8170037.JPG

Attachments

• P8170040.JPG
    P8170040.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 113

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome tank man, im getting ready to move and set my system back up. was thinking about redoing the furniture on it. id love to get the contact info for your wood work guy. also if you have a Facebook, look up vegas reefs. local reef group, we hold meetings and all that fun stuff

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW 3 months a no updates!! thats not good. From seeing where I left off. I got all my RTN issues dialed in.. IMO i was adding corals to fast and my dosing regiment at the time wasnt keeping up. Thus the ALK got to low and iI was causing ALK swings with manual dosing to get it back up.

I lost a lot of good SPS but learned a valuable lesson. I got a Eshoppes dosing pump and have had to continuously bump it up. I am not at 180ml per day for Calcium and ALK each. This has keep my level much more consistent and I have not lost any corals since.

I am still trying to get the tank dialed in.. since adding the dosing pumps, my corals have definitely hit a growth spurt.

One of my concerns was the my Nitrate, Nitrite, and Phosphates always read 0 on both Red Sea and API test kits. i have seen a lot of new conversation that a truly 0 Phosphate/Nitrate system is not good. I also think this played a part on my coral color and growth. So i have stopped the weekly 10% water changes and have been not changing my socks weekly. i was able to finally get those number to read on my test kits. Along with that, i noticed one of my Main acros starting to change from a brown color to a more green/turquoise.

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 5.59.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 5.59.06 PM.png

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is a cool comparison shot.. The two corals above photos were taken today, and these are the same ones taken end of June. So that is little less than 6 months growth !! :D

IMG_4764.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

OP
OP
Laynrockers

Laynrockers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also redid the rock in the tank to add more shelf rock.. and built a new frag rack for my frag tank. Allow for a little more stuff.

GOPR0294.JPG

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0223.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 101 43.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 108 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.5%
Back