OP
OP
H

honkit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what type of lighting you running? is this a ulns system? do you dose anything special like zeovit? last kalkwasser, 2 part or calcium reactor

i agree that is a packed tank i like tanks that look like that
I run 8 T5 bulbs using an ATI Sunpower fixture (6 Blueplus and 2 AB Special bulbs).

I utilize Fauna Marin's Ultralith system so you can say it's an ULNS. No kalk but I use a 2-part dosing regime with an 3-channel dosing pump.

I find feeding the corals regularly and adding amino acids to be the main reasons for the growth spurts that I have witnessed in the past 6 months in my tank.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank, it's just awesome. What do do you have for inhabitants in there?

OP
OP
H

honkit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank, it's just awesome. What do do you have for inhabitants in there?

Besides the SPS corals, I have a few zoanthid colonies, a red lobo, an octopus coral, some blastos and acans, ric floridas and a watermelon favite. Will post pics of these in the near future.

I also have 7 fishes - an Achilles Tang, a yellow tang, 2 true percula clowns, 1 misbar black oceallaris clown, 1 mystery wrasse and 1 african flameback angel. I won't add any more fishes as I feel that my tank can only take so much before nutrient levels get out of hand.

OP
OP
H

honkit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fiji pink/red seriatopora hystrix

Fiji-red-pink-birds-nest-c.jpg

OP
OP
H

honkit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favourite SPS coral - montipora setosa but I can never get a clear and well defined photo shot of it :(

monti-setosa.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love them!

.Marshall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just 2 part dosing eh? you dont use the third doser? That is a stunning plethora of coral, love seeing just basic dosing successful SPS tanks!! FTS please!

OP
OP
H

honkit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the compliments :)

I don't use the 3rd doser for anything else as I find the C-balance solutions to be sufficient for my tank. For larger tanks, I reckon a CRX would be preferable although if I do keep a large tank (180+ gallons), I would employ both methods together.

I have an "almost FTS" in this thread which basically show all the SPS corals that I am currently keeping but does not show the zoas.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back