Honest opinions please

pirate9182

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had quite a few reef tanks in the past but this is my first time putting effort and planning into an aquascape. Tank is standard 29 gallon 30 long, 12 wide, 17 high. It will be a light bioload, sumpless, and primarily if not exclusively biological filtration. The pictures below are 45 pounds of dry rock that will be bleach cured soon.

Just looking for honest opinions or ideas.

Alfie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine to me. I always create scapes with the fish in mind and to allow them plenty of refuges to hide, the corals tranform the shape at the end of the day. You are limited with having a narrower tank just do what you feel offers the best habitat is my input :)

OP
OP
P

pirate9182

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine to me. I always create scapes with the fish in mind and to allow them plenty of refuges to hide, the corals tranform the shape at the end of the day. You are limited with having a narrower tank just do what you feel offers the best habitat is my input :)
That's kinda what I was thinking I wanted to make caves for things to hide in. I'm a little limited because all of my rocks are from old tanks and most are very round

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a nano this way once. I loved the way it looked. Until I needed space for coral. That was the only draw back. those caves put your useful space in a hard to view area. You seem to have handled that way better than I did. You have a quite a bit of room up there. I agree with the others. It looks nice.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back