Hooking up a Fusion 20 to a below refugium?

trimma0426

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Has anyone had success hooking up a Fusion 20 to a below tank refugium? I can't find much information online.

If so, what equipment did you use to do such? I would like to be able to keep macro algae and breed copepods for fish and will need more room than just the little tiny chamber in the back of the tank.
Thanks

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a fusion twenty I have a JBJ 545 Gallon
But you could use a eshopps nano overflow which should fit fine in place of one of your outside baskets
Take a look at my videos to see what I did

The problem you will have is getting a refugium small enough for your stand or putting the tank on a bigger dtand. I know people that had their sumps made but I use a trigger systems crystal sump/ refugium
Which is 18x 18 inches this 6 inches smaller than the width of my tank and two inches smaller than the depth

Please pm me if you have a questions glad to help

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stand has two cutouts one smacks in the middle and one on the bottom right.
I removed the center support and reinforced the stand with one by three's all the way around so my return go's out then up to about three inches below the lip of the tank using PVC. I then break it down into two lines and it goes over the top and then into the original return nozzles. I can shoot a video of exactly how it is if you would like

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did this on a Solana 34. I actually took out the false wall (AIO part) and drilled the back glass to include the drain and return. The Solana tank isn't tempered glass which was why i drilled if not i would have went with a eshopps overflow.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did this on a Solana 34. I actually took out the false wall (AIO part) and drilled the back glass to include the drain and return. The Solana tank isn't tempered glass which was why i drilled if not i would have went with a eshopps overflow.
I've been thinking about the last four months and as much as I would love to do it not now
Everything works fine except the noise from the water draining. What I do like about the Tunze is that it has a tumble going down inside the skimmer so your not just drawing water from the surface skimmer but from all the way at the bottom. Tank's been up now 11 months

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the nuvo40 and what I did was make a hang on back reactor in to a fuge for cheato and pods and it works great

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back