Hooking up aquamaxx bullet 1 protein skimmer to co2 reactor question

Tayreef93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my aquamaxx hob bullet 1 protein skimmer and want to hook it up to my co2 media scrubber. I plan to recirculate the air that leaves the cup back to the inlet of the skimmer to get a better ph boost. Does anyone have experience doing this with this particular skimmer? Brs said they dont think itll do any good because it wont draw enough air, but I dont really think thats the case because it has a sicce shark nano pump which is pretty decent, and if i recirculate the air that the skimmer draws in continuously the only sourse of air that the skimmer draws in is from the co2 scrubber.

That being said, my main question is to see if anyone has tried this with this skimmer or one very similar in size and function and whether they had any good results bringing their ph up to 8.2-8.3 or not? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In general, BRS is better at selling products than knowing how to use them.

That said, recirculating air skimmers tend to have lower oxygen levels. This is not so bad if you can bump up your surface agitation or other ways to exchange gas, but if the co2 in your home is so bad that you need a co2 scrubber, then this surface agitation will also bring in more co2 through that method and cancel out your co2 media.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back