Hope this doesnt happen to all my Aussies

OLDSUN

Polyp Hospice Worker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lights

i have T-5's and i have found alot of times the depth is more important than reducing or increasing the lighting, its worth a try.

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That might explain why folks are having good color under pc's

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often are you all feeding these guys? Do you think that we are feeding them too much? Maybe this could be causing them to lose their color. Is this possible? I think I will continue feeding the ones that have kept their color and stop feeding the ones that have lost it. What do you all think?

Problem with that assumption is that I thought the color we are seeing is pigment not zoaxantheli (sp) I would have to say that the color change is due to lighting, or there lack of need I guess if you feed them to much, but I thought that pigment was like sunscreen the darker it was in the wild the more it needed protection?
About depth.....it is all relitive to the clearity of the water and he intensity of the sun also, so indo acan may have dirtyer water or, more sedimant and be founf closer to the surface, or the sun isn't as strong as long in that area? there are a million factors, so depth of collection unless extrem of course can be hard to justify light requirement, maybe the like blue light cause it bring out colers in other coral also, so whatever make the stix xolor up to be urpl the acan will probably be colorful. Let say a 400 watt 20K Xm about 12" of the surface I bet that with some actinc VHO would make anything colorful LOL?

Again just what I thought no, bases or refreance?

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back