New ATI Starton Pro Journey.

moosevandyke

Never a dull moment in keeping a reef tank.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a strictly SPS tank and all has been order and my new ATI lights arrived yesterday. The tank is being built by planet and is 60 x 36 x 30. I will be running 3 ATI Straton Pro 204. I was nervous purchasing them as there is not a lot of info on the web or reviews about the lights at all. However the ones I have read seem to be very positive.

We unbox one yesterday for a quick test. WOW they are bright and beautiful. The design is amazing and seems to be very well made. Incredible thin and no plastic to speak off. We did a quick par test attached photo and in an empty tank and the light disruption was great no disco dance party on bright white sand. The par was insane. In the photo it was 1800 but pushing 2200 and some. Obviously won't need that much but still fun.

I also wanted to document as there isn't a lot of info on these lights.

IMG_5839.jpeg

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a strictly SPS tank and all has been order and my new ATI lights arrived yesterday. The tank is being built by planet and is 60 x 36 x 30. I will be running 3 ATI Straton Pro 204. I was nervous purchasing them as there is not a lot of info on the web or reviews about the lights at all. However the ones I have read seem to be very positive.

We unbox one yesterday for a quick test. WOW they are bright and beautiful. The design is amazing and seems to be very well made. Incredible thin and no plastic to speak off. We did a quick par test attached photo and in an empty tank and the light disruption was great no disco dance party on bright white sand. The par was insane. In the photo it was 1800 but pushing 2200 and some. Obviously won't need that much but still fun.

I also wanted to document as there isn't a lot of info on these lights.

IMG_5839.jpeg
That meter isn't set up for "free air". You need to downgrade the ppfd.
How much depends on the sensor.
Soo which model?

OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That meter isn't set up for "free air". You need to downgrade the ppfd.
How much depends on the sensor.
Soo which model?
yeah I understand that we we where just messing around and switching through a few different settings to see how the light looked. are you asking about the model of the par meter... Im not worried about the par yet we literally just wanted to see it glow. Once the tank is installed lighting mounted, water in tank, etc then I will map out all the par etc.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I understand that we we where just messing around and switching through a few different settings to see how the light looked. are you asking about the model of the par meter... Im not worried about the par yet we literally just wanted to see it glow. Once the tank is installed lighting mounted, water in tank, etc then I will map out all the par etc.
MQ-510 just divide by 1.25 in free air..
sorry its an illness.:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
:)

OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MQ-510 just divide by 1.25 in free air..
sorry its an illness.:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
:)
hahahah thats awesome. no worries good to know anyways! on a side note im guessing ya know a bit about lights :) have you heard much on the Straton Pro's? I have a mixed reef 310g running 6 radon G6 and supplement T5. Just a bit nervous as there really is nothing about these lights.

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
G6 pro or blue? The straton seems to have a color mix similar to the G6 pro. how does the spectrum compare to your lights?

OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G6 pro or blue? The straton seems to have a color mix similar to the G6 pro. how does the spectrum compare to your lights?
G6 blue. Not sure on spectrum yet as we just had one light on over the edge of an empty show tank. Install will be in 4 weeks so waiting patiently as planet is building tank with steel stand. I do love the G6 blues with T5 combo. Here is a pick of my current mix reef. tank is just about 1.5 years old. I’m thinking starting a build thread so we can have some progress on the performance of the lights. Do you run ATI?

IMG_3143.jpeg

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
G6 blue. Not sure on spectrum yet as we just had one light on over the edge of an empty show tank. Install will be in 4 weeks so waiting patiently as planet is building tank with steel stand. I do love the G6 blues with T5 combo. Here is a pick of my current mix reef. tank is just about 1.5 years old. I’m thinking starting a build thread so we can have some progress on the performance of the lights. Do you run ATI?

IMG_3143.jpeg
I ran the original straton a few years back, now I run 3 G6 pros and 3 blues with blade glow supplements

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pros have emphasized more blues than the original Stratons . As far as PAR goes mine are 30 inches above some of my Acro colonies running at 60 to 80% so IMO not an issue. Also have many more presets than the original Stratons and can be easily programmed for any mix you could want. That being said, either light will work just fine. I went with the Stratons because of the aesthetics and the fact that there are no cooling fans thus no noise.

OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pros have emphasized more blues than the original Stratons . As far as PAR goes mine are 30 inches above some of my Acro colonies running at 60 to 80% so IMO not an issue. Also have many more presets than the original Stratons and can be easily programmed for any mix you could want. That being said, either light will work just fine. I went with the Stratons because of the aesthetics and the fact that there are no cooling fans thus no noise.
Do you happen to have a picture of your setup? Thanks!

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't see them. One of the reasons I chose them is that you can hide them behind the canopy.

Attachments

• straton 3.jpg
    straton 3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 28

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 80 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 8.9%
Back