Hopefully the last word on things leaching from plastic containers, tanks, buckets and cans!

AquaCox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys out of Texas claim to have a warehouse or something in Indiana...might be worth checking them out.

Just checked out this site, not sure where in Indiana they are but this is what I got for one 75 gal tank from the section thats says "Indiana plastic storage tanks"

Shipping to a Commercial Address, Quantity of 1 : $147.93

Shipping to a Non-Commercial Address (Residence / Construction / School), Quantity of 1 : $207.93

OP
OP
mcarroll

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prolly about right. No way you can consider them local and go get it at "Will Call" so you can save on shipping?

(Though not polyethylene...)Check out AquaFX's 100-gallon container if you're stuck with shipping....might be a better deal.

-Matt

The Flying Turkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up two Brute 20 gallon gray cans with lids for $19 each at home depot. I flipped them over and they are LDPE and NSF food safe.

I'm using one for mn ATO reservor with RO/DI water and the other one for mixing salt water.

Should work perfectly.

jarrett.pablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaCox-- thank man!! I'm new to the hobby and I just purchased a rodi unit. I bought a Rubbermaid and I'm having leaching issues.. This fish tank idea was just what I needed.. It's gonna work perfect in my situation! Thanks for sharing!

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also thought "why doesn't everyone use aquariums as storage containers". Went out during the $1 a gallon sale but as I looked at the tank wondered there is no way I can keep this Air tight and it would be a pain to plumb. So I ended up buying a container from ebay (free shipping).

P.s they just raised the price $10.

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass is more likely to break than a plastic container( which in a garage or basement is a big concern), plus as VicD81 said it is harder to plumb and unless you silicone some acrylic or another piece of glass on the top it is not airtight.

Get any size or shape plastic container and some uniseals and your set.

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its not airtight there prob will be some evap. It will prob be insignificant but a nice tight lid is mostly to keep stuff out. Our product water is highly reactive and it will attract anything that may be floating in the air.

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my RO/DI water on the garage, so I don't want dust and dirt getting into it. Also on Florida we have Palmetto bugs (roaches) and they love water. Don't want them getting in there either. The lid on the Brute trash can is very tight.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back