Horseshoe crab and Pistol Shrimp?

JoeG370Z

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 75 gallon aquarium with a pistol shrimp and baby horseshoe crab. Do you think the pistol shrimp will kill the horseshoe crab?

Caleb M

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its just the small shrimp, IE not the one that punches "mantis shrimp" your golden. Mantis shrimp will kill everything. and i mean evvveeerrryyyytttthhhiiinnnnggggg. Like nothing will stand a chance. But be wary of those horse shoe crabs, they get massive so you need to have a long term plan for the guy. Eventually hell get so big hell knock over rocks and possibly hurt the tank. "i doubt that" but it could cause problems.

Ive kept them in the past and when they got to big I would always ask around my lfs and shoot even the local aquarium. But remember that might not be an option. And NEVER set it free. I am pretty sure that is illegal. But best of luck!

Upvote 0

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Caleb M is dead on right. People confuse pistols and mantis shrimp. I can't see a pistol shrimp hurting anything. They're constantly popping with their goby partners around and they seem to be fine.

Upvote 0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back