Hot Glue Reef Safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Duke4Life
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I tried it with no ill effects in my nano, but it does not hold things together well once wet.
 
It works for a short time but as micro algae starts, it eventually comes apart. Tried it when I started my tank up last year.
 
Good to know as I don't want what I need this for failing. Off to the store later for more super glue. Used 8 already and need about 20 more lol
 
Good to know as I don't want what I need this for failing. Off to the store later for more super glue. Used 8 already and need about 20 more lol
I get mine at the dollar store!!:D
 
The polymers used in hot melt glues will be reef safe.

That is a different question whether they will hold in your application, however. Some may not hold long term underwater unless the surfaces being glued have a lot of roughness to key into.
 
You can never have enough super glue:D I use the BRS super thick with the Glue Accelerator.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new