Hottest custom sump builders 2021?

Frozen Tundra Reef Dreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a trigger triton the other day but then I stumbled upon a wicked youtube video showing a custom sump. orange, purple glowing! and it got me allexcited. the art below the tank is very important too!

I love the look of synergy, but they just dont have the colors Im looking for. Im hoping to do a purpleand orange build or aquamarine and orange...

any suggestions?

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your price range?

Bashsea

Courtesy of @Rob.bucek

Lifereef

Advanced Acrylics
MRC
Geo's Reef

And if you have a limitless budget, Adaptive Reef.
I came across another post on here talking life reef. wow, now thats what im talking about. i like the bashsea stuff and their design and aesthetics, but limited color choices.

im going to check out the others. Original budget was buy a baffle kit off ebay and do my own, but this eye candy is too alluring. Im going to feed me and my kids Ramens fora while to get one of these beauties!!!

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man Im glad i posted this question. Im digging life reef. I already ordered an aquamaxx fc-120 skimmer too. Im not sure how I feel about his skimmer showever. im sure they work great but expensive and I dont know if I can return mine.

and he hates filter socks and polishing water. I have a beginner reefwith mostly zoas and softies. and a bunch of fish.

consensus is socks suck? what do people feel about triton method? I was a reefer 20years ago and jumping back in now. any suggestions are much appreciated!!!! this thread is my first post on any reef forum.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted.

Last edited:
OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is great to talk to, and trust me I bet he would have talked longer lol I've spent hours on the phone with him in the past on a custom sump setup for my first tank.
yep hes passionate and antiestablishment for sure. gotta love the no nonsense.

here is color scheme im going for. 6 month wait time but worth it. Im going to plumb a diy fuge for now

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted.

Last edited:

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted.

Last edited:
OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what my absolute favorite thing about Lifereef is? It doesn't have that "Mass produced" look, they look like someone has put there soul into there products instead of some machine.

The only picture I have of my "Nano" sump Jeff made for me. I'm using the Skimmer and reactors on my larger sump now.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your sump!! You're mentality towards sumps is the same as mine. They are the heart and soul of our systems and deserve to shine just the same. :)
i do like a nice basic layout however. drain, refugium skimmer return in a rectangle, but jeff explained why refugiums need deeper water, and yadda yadda yadda.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.8%
Back