House Pest Control Companies

Ron83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A month ago I hired a new house and lawn pest control company. Today the second tech arrived at the house and immediately noticed the reef tank and asked if I have fish. I kinda chuckled and replied yes, one might say I have fish. He told me that I had to turn off the filter to the tank. I have two tanks. The salesperson promised the reef would be safe and the first tech did not mention any issues. I let the tech know that if my system I had to turned off in order for him to do his job, then he might as well leave. I wasn't mean to him but did up telling him to leave the house. Made me question what they might be using and possibly their application methods. I live in Florida and we generally require pest control because much of Florida is a swamp. At least the nicer parts are.... Lol We have used another for years with no issues. Anyone else have issues or need to prepare for a pest control company visit?

20200603_190231.jpg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we were paying for a company i just told them they could spray every room but the room with the tank.....I never had any issues.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the guy is about to spray unknown chemicals and thinks you should turn OFF your filtration....

giphy.gif

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a company that the guy used a special applicator that was pin point. He also used a sponge in the tank room and outside the tank room. Never any issues and the house had a massive moisture ant problem that he reduced to nothing after a year. Old house with a finished basement that had no proper foundation drainage. I was supposed to remove the finished basement and install proper foundation drainage but sold the house a year later.

I don't remember the name of the product but it worked. And was safe around pets

OP
OP
Ron83

Ron83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the guy is about to spray unknown chemicals and thinks you should turn OFF your filtration....

giphy.gif
Seriously. I understand that most people have no idea what constitutes filtration for a reef so I didn't try to explain. If there was a possibility of anything foreign getting into the system you would want all filters on...

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what the company is using? Permethrin, Pyrethrin, Butoxide, imidicloprid based products?

Do you have cats? Did they ask if you had cats?

Just trying to figure out what they are using.

OP
OP
Ron83

Ron83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have cats just one little dog. I fired that company so I doubt that I will ever know what they were using. As soon as the second tech told me there was an issue I told him to stop and to not go any further in the house.

ValerieeWin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A month ago I hired a new house and lawn pest control company. Today the second tech arrived at the house and immediately noticed the reef tank and asked if I have fish. I kinda chuckled and replied yes, one might say I have fish. He told me that I had to turn off the filter to the tank. I have two tanks. The salesperson promised the reef would be safe and the first tech did not mention any issues. I let the tech know that if my system I had to turned off in order for him to do his job, then he might as well leave. I wasn't mean to him but did up telling him to leave the house. Made me question what they might be using and possibly their application methods. I live in Florida and we generally require pest control because much of Florida is a swamp. At least the nicer parts are.... Lol We have used another for years with no issues. Anyone else have issues or need to prepare for a pest control company visit?

Its better to call a professional pest control company to check.

20200603_190231.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back