Houston LFS

I mostly go to Fish Gallery, and have been doing so for the past 12 or so years. Been planning to make a trip to FJW as I have heard alot of great things about it, might do so this weekend.

On a sadder note...I miss Aquarium World.... :(
 
Also check out Galactic Corals (AKA Urban Aquatics)
How the heck did I miss them all these years? They are right by where Aquarium World used to be, and I used to go there at least twice a month.
 
FYI, Definitely hit FJW first and tell Dennis that Reefahholic sent you over.



Also hit ADG and you’ll find “show room” style tanks. Place is like an art gallery. A lot of fresh water rimless mixed in with some rimless Reef tanks.

Their biggest tank is a reef tank. They sell coral and fish in the back. Open to the public but not a lot of people know about it. It’s kinda a hidden gem.

Ocean Life is always good to visit as well.
 
@Reefahholic @ElGuapo have given some solid advice on the shops in Houston and surrounding areas. Another mentionable is BiBi’s fish and pets off of 290. Pretty good deals there too! I would say the top store for fish is Fish Gallery-Fountainview, That Aquarium Place, or Oceanlife Aquariums. As far as coral, I think FJW’s video is pretty clear lol. FJW is a great place for accessories as well, such as Hanna checkers, reagents, additives, you name it! This place is packed wall to wall with goodies. You might even find a Trident if you look hard enough. ;)

Most importantly, have a safe trip...and welcome!

Please use my big head to reference the size of that lion fish at Oceanlife Aquariums! :)
E7514B72-D3AD-46E0-AEBF-474CD28D3B1B.jpeg
AB399B77-4968-4995-B143-894C7551980B.jpeg
CADC323D-133B-457A-90AD-A1206C7BE356.jpeg
5E3F42FA-7623-46FA-AD87-2561E312CA34.jpeg
5B869A61-8DA7-412B-9A3E-85B9987659EF.jpeg
C2AD736C-6300-4FE4-8103-2EF7A3663406.jpeg
 
I had a GREAT visit of the above mentioned, and took a bunch of videos of each. I will be editing a video (with my sons help, lol) and posting a write up about it soon.

Awesome man. PM me when you get it finished. I’d like to see it. :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new