How about an update on the clown fish harem tank?

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by Cyricdark, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Cyricdark

Cyricdark Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about setting up a harem tank similar to what you guys have and I would just really like to know how your tank is doing how the anenomes are doing have they multiplied and split grown larger, etc. Assuming everything is doing really well what are your water parameters, par levels, flow, etc. in the tank. What changes you've made to filtration since the last update if any. Thanks for your time I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Tags:

2. randyBRS

randyBRS BRStv Apprentice :-P R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hey there!

Everything is still going very well in the Harem tank! Over the years we have seen some anemones split and have harvested a couple to share with the office. We really haven't changed much to the system and it seems to be a pretty low maintenance tank. It gets weekly water changes of about 30%-50%, has an auto feeder on it for the clowns and daily glass cleaning. There is a single large filter sock and a Vertex Omega skimmer still chugging along. That's really it!

We've tried various lighting options but didn't see a great response from the anemones, so we went back to the ATI T5 Hybrid Powermodule. :) Other than that there's not much to report, which can be a good thing!

I'm not sure when/if we can fit in a video update on the tank, but every-so-often someone may post a photo of it on our social media pages, so keep a look out!

-Randy

Cyricdark likes this.
  3. Cyricdark

Can you tell me off hand what the nitrates phosphates alkalinity and pH is? It doesn't have to be exact just around about guesstimate from the last time you checked it, and thank you very much for such a fast response that's awesome

4. randyBRS

randyBRS BRStv Apprentice :-P R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Although we should test on some sort of schedule, I can't say that we've checked those levels at all in the recent past, so I don't have much to report in that department. We aren't too concerned about alkalinity since there are only anemones and clowns in there, however I'd be pretty confident that the water changes keep up with the very low demand. Along with that, it seems that our maintenance habits have been successful at keeping nutrients down to low levels where we haven't had issues with nuisance algae in a couple of years. Like I mentioned, it is a pretty low maintenance tank and seems to be very successful with our current husbandry methods.

From the Neptune Apex, our pH hoovers right around 8.0 to 8.1., temp is at 77 degrees, and ORP stays around 300-320. :)

-Randy

5. Cyricdark

Thank you very much

randyBRS and Bulk Reef Supply like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted