How about these lights?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don’t understand.. lol. Everything I’ve read about branching coraline says it’s cold water. Yet here you are, new tank and it’s coming back to life. Makes no sense lol. It’s sweet though, I like it!

OP
OP
Philipgonzales3

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don’t understand.. lol. Everything I’ve read about branching coraline says it’s cold water. Yet here you are, new tank and it’s coming back to life. Makes no sense lol. It’s sweet though, I like it!

Yeah, according to the vendor it's a hardy macro algea. I'm starting to believe them lol. I mean I guess they would know since they raise them and sell them.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice.

Fwiw. There’s a lot of corralines. That’s a branching one. The stuff that goes on rocks is an encrusting type. Most likely some came in on the frag as well as the cuc you add.

OP
OP
Philipgonzales3

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know I already responded to this but for some reason I was thinking about it again. My thinking is that just because it's a popular opinion doesn't mean that it's correct or a fact. Remember at one time the popular opinion was that the earth was flat.

Just like with my bioload The popular opinion was that I stocked my tank too fast. Well if I cycled my tank to 4ppm and then add fish that produce < 4ppm then bioload is not a concern.

I'm not saying I didn't get very lucky because yes I have been very lucky up to this point. I also get the point of doing things slowly and agree the safest option is likely the slowest. Patience is something I'm working on though.

Anyway, hopefully I continue to be lucky and hopefully learn some more along the way.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back