How are these Fluval 13.5 Stocking Ideas?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I am soon going to begin quarantining my first fish for my 13.5 gallon aquarium. This is my second go at this, as my first fish stock got velvet and died.
Which list, in your opinion, looks best?

2 ocellaris clowns
Shrimp Goby Pair
1 firefish

1 ocellaris clown
1 royal gramma
1 firefish
1 neon goby

2 ocellaris clowns
1 clown goby
1 firefish

Also, are clownfish pairs truly super aggressive for a nano tank? I've heard some people say that they're little monsters and other people say otherwise.

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these lists would be fine... I am partial to 1 and 3, love the shrimp goby pair and it would be a ton of fun to watch. Don't think they would be aggressive. If you want to you could add them last.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these lists would be fine... I am partial to 1 and 3, love the shrimp goby pair and it would be a ton of fun to watch. Don't think they would be aggressive. If you want to you could add them last.
Tentatively, my plan is a banded goby with a shrimp, two clowns, and some other fourth peaceful fish, either a springer’s damselfish or basslet.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to it
Heads up gobies dont tolerate copper well
Thanks! I remember reading that which is why I am not going to medicate unless any parasite shows up in the next month. Otherwise it’s really just me observing the goby for a month. Then I’ll add him when the fallow is over, then add the clownfish, and then my final fish a few months after.

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, are clownfish pairs truly super aggressive for a nano tank? I've heard some people say that they're little monsters and other people say otherwise.
I never had any trouble with Oscellaris Clowns showing aggression to their own or other species of fish; but some other kinds of clowns (like Maroon, Tomato, and Sebae) will not tolerate other clownfish in the same tank with them. I once tried to keep a Maroon and Tomato in a 45g FOWLR and they fought fiercely all the time. I finally had to get rid of the Tomato.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
96772242-3DCC-4CEF-AF62-8A551489FB42.jpeg
I got a pair of clowns! On the top is Nemo, the ocellaris, and on the bottom, a Maine mocha, named Luxo Jr. I look forward to giving updates in the future! Feel free to follow my build thread for constant updates and information!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back