How are you dosing? And what.....

chefunk

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2019
Messages
57
Reaction score
61
Location
San Francisco, Ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi There - I think it's time for me to start adding some essential elements etc., to my IM Nuvo 20. Can I ask, how are you administering and what are you adding? I'm sure there are a thousand answers depending on what's in the tank. I'm light on fish and looking to do soft corals and zoos.... A little help here please? Thanks!
 
Soft corals (including zoa's) have no demand for alkalinity and calcium, so no dosing is really needed. Now if you add hard corals (SPS and/or LPS) or a clam, then you'll need to dose. Otherwise water changes will (should) be able to keep up with major and minor elements.
 
Iodine and trace elements included in that? Bought some frags off of Live Aquaria and they are suggesting....strontium and calcium too.....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new