How are you mounting your frags?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to coral frags, I feel like there are so many ways you can mount them. Some use frag racks, others glue them onto the side of their rocks. I am wondering how are you mounting your coral frags in your tank? Curious to see what everyone says!

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cut the plug off the frag and glue it directly to my rockwork. I use a mix of CA glue and 2-part epoxy. Both work well, until my urchin comes along...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Putty and then thick super glue gel!

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have been thinking about this for a bit. Recently picked up a bounce mushroom that came on its own rock. It’s nice to see it have its own pad but I have some LPS (hammer and torch) that are on plugs. Is it safe to remove them from the plug and glue the stalks to the rockwork? Or would it be better for the frag to just putty the plugs on to the rockwork? The plugs are a bit horrendous.. got em somewhat buried in the sand at the moment

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been thinking about this for a bit. Recently picked up a bounce mushroom that came on its own rock. It’s nice to see it have its own pad but I have some LPS (hammer and torch) that are on plugs. Is it safe to remove them from the plug and glue the stalks to the rockwork? Or would it be better for the frag to just putty the plugs on to the rockwork? The plugs are a bit horrendous.. got em somewhat buried in the sand at the moment
Yes that's what I do. I always try to remove the coral from the frag plug and glue the coral directly to the rock. The only time I glue the plugs are when its difficult to remove the frag, such as encrusting corals.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back