Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that liveaquaria used to be a legend but, they were bought by Petco and turned into trash. Are they beginning to recover are they still somewhere you buy or are they lost?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just did an order with them and the 6" tang I ordered was the child and not adult shipped BUT LA did resolve and pleasantly

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco sold them a couple years ago. I don't believe the demise of Live Aquaria is Petco's fault. From everything I've witnessed, they've really gone downhill the past couple years with multiple policy changes that all hurt the customer. Like bagging fees, shrinking guarantees, credit only refunds etc...

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Divers Den is still fine IME, anything else from them is pretty terrible.
Divers den shipped me a fish on the coldest day of the year after I begged them to hold it. They didn't bother putting it in a foam cooler. Just a foam lined mylar bag and some heat packs. Water was like 50 degrees when I unpacked it.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. The regular LA sent me a leaky plastic bag like it was made from a survival blanket in a thin box.

mistyw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good and bad with them. They have messed up my fish order a few times, sending the incorrect number of types or even incorrect types. And there have been shipping problems and loss. But the fish refund policy has been a positive, though I don’t like seeing anything not live. My biggest gripe is spending enough to get the free shipping, since the cost of shipping is so high.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good and bad with them. They have messed up my fish order a few times, sending the incorrect number of types or even incorrect types. And there have been shipping problems and loss. But the fish refund policy has been a positive, though I don’t like seeing anything not live. My biggest gripe is spending enough to get the free shipping, since the cost of shipping is so high.
how much is shipping

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Divers den shipped me a fish on the coldest day of the year after I begged them to hold it. They didn't bother putting it in a foam cooler. Just a foam lined mylar bag and some heat packs. Water was like 50 degrees when I unpacked it.
Wow. Yeah I got some from both DD and LA and the DD was almost too overpacked… the LA orders were shameful and sad, no heat packs, no interior packing to secure the bags, bags not doubled/flipped right to keep fish from being trapped in corners, was a sad day.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a Diver's Den clown goby, which is meant to be quarantined and eating. Came in with what looked like ich (but turned out to be a very ich-like bacterial skin thing), with a sunken belly, and is still not eating anything but live BBS. Didn't even get a "whoops, that shouldn't happen" in the email when I asked them about it, they just told me to raise the tank temperature and feed the fish garlic.

I'm not sure how much shipping is, but they have a $10 box charge, and they don't even send you an insulated box. It's just an insulated bag inside a regular box.

Order from somewhere else.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Yeah I got some from both DD and LA and the DD was almost too overpacked… the LA orders were shameful and sad, no heat packs, no interior packing to secure the bags, bags not doubled/flipped right to keep fish from being trapped in corners, was a sad day.
I even asked them to pack carefully. It was 3 degrees in Wisconsin and 9 degrees in Boston. They promised to pack it well. Ugh.

Smprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco sold them a couple years ago. I don't believe the demise of Live Aquaria is Petco's fault. From everything I've witnessed, they've really gone downhill the past couple years with multiple policy changes that all hurt the customer. Like bagging fees, shrinking guarantees, credit only refunds etc...
Sadly I feel many online fish stores are charging miscellaneous fees as well and quite frankly I have stopped purchasing from any online vendor. I used to frequently purchase from LA. I never had a problem.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back