How big a tank ???

Hilltopreef90

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Messages
722
Reaction score
199
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to eventually have a tank with triggers, a puffer, angels, tangs a foxface and wrasses
First off is this mix compatible?
What size tank is needed ?
 
Yes a 200g for some of the members of those species will be good. That mix is a good mix. Some members will need a larger tank because of size or aggression. Check back with your wish list.
 
I wouldnt worry about a minimum I would first worry about how big of a tank could you afford. There are tangs as you know that get up to a foot and a half long. I worry about my 525 gallon big big enough for my Naso and Red sea sailfin Tang.
 
With the amount of larger fish on your list, it sounds like probably the 250 gallon zone. Since a porcupine puffer requires 180 gallons
 
300
I have 2 large angels in a 240 and it's tight. Some days are a lot of chasing and splashing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new