How can I color up a hammer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter M3d1C
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
85
Reaction score
126
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a hammer frag from a friend of mine a couple months ago now and it is thriving and growing really nicely. It was brown when I got it but I've started to notice that it's gaining a really faint neon green now as it grows. Especially when the lights first come on or are on their way off when the blue is most prevalent. Is there something I can use or do to help color it up? Like an additive, chemical, treatment, food, etc???

20200409_173015.jpg
 
looks more like a torch to me, their tentacles are usually dark only the tips light up under blue light, lights also matter, what are you using? As far as form is concerned it looks to be doing OK. You could be missing some trace elements, do you test for calc/alk/mag etc?
 
I use a Kessil A80 right now. It's just a little 7 gallon so everything seems to be doing really well with it. The tentacles where they meet the base are what's starting to color up from brown to a neon green. I don't test for any elements right now because of how busy I've been since this whole COVID thing. I do about a 2 to 3 gallon water change every week(ish) with Reef Crystals and that's pretty much my dosing right now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new