How can I color up a hammer?

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a hammer frag from a friend of mine a couple months ago now and it is thriving and growing really nicely. It was brown when I got it but I've started to notice that it's gaining a really faint neon green now as it grows. Especially when the lights first come on or are on their way off when the blue is most prevalent. Is there something I can use or do to help color it up? Like an additive, chemical, treatment, food, etc???

20200409_173015.jpg

josvanmeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks more like a torch to me, their tentacles are usually dark only the tips light up under blue light, lights also matter, what are you using? As far as form is concerned it looks to be doing OK. You could be missing some trace elements, do you test for calc/alk/mag etc?

OP
OP
M3d1C

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Kessil A80 right now. It's just a little 7 gallon so everything seems to be doing really well with it. The tentacles where they meet the base are what's starting to color up from brown to a neon green. I don't test for any elements right now because of how busy I've been since this whole COVID thing. I do about a 2 to 3 gallon water change every week(ish) with Reef Crystals and that's pretty much my dosing right now.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 115 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 88 33.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.5%
Back