How can I create more random flow with only one Nero 5?

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any tips or tricks for creating a more random flow for my coral while only using one power head? It’s an Nero 5 in a 50gal

M

Max_nano

View Badges
What are the dimensions of the tank and where is it pointing? I was able to get a somewhat decent flow going in my tank by having it pulse on for a short time at a high % power. I had it pointed straight at the opposite side glass and it eventually builds up waves that then bounce around the tank and into each other.

But I broke down and just got a second and am very happy with it. But they could use some more features for 2 pump setups, the only addition is a mode that copies the other pumps setting

OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are the dimensions of the tank and where is it pointing? I was able to get a somewhat decent flow going in my tank by having it pulse on for a short time at a high % power. I had it pointed straight at the opposite side glass and it eventually builds up waves that then bounce around the tank and into each other.

But I broke down and just got a second and am very happy with it. But they could use some more features for 2 pump setups, the only addition is a mode that copies the other pumps setting
Think about 36” long. It’s a Waterbox 50.3 AIO and I have the Nero 5 on the left side glass, 3/4 of the way up pointing straight across the tank

M

Max_nano

View Badges
The myAI isn’t bad, but I’m hoping they add more features whenever they eventually start moving more of their products all into Mobius.

The mode options are somewhat limited, I had more modes on my old jabaos. And the hydros app has cool features for multi pump setups

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back