How can I remove this algae???

SpencerT82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have had this monti for about year. The day I bought it and brought it home it had really bad tissue recession about half the coral had died off right around the center. Most of it grew back but not the very center where this algae is. Since probably about 8 ish months ago this algae has always been there it has gotten more full and died off then would grow back thicker and die off again, this cycle just keeps continuing. Is there anyway I can try to remove the algae??

IMG_1466.jpeg

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any better photo? Angle, white lights?
Algae can’t grow on live corals, and it doesn’t seem like any algae eaters are eating it?

Is this algae not growing anywhere else in the tank? You can cut away the part that has that algae and toss it.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have had this monti for about year. The day I bought it and brought it home it had really bad tissue recession about half the coral had died off right around the center. Most of it grew back but not the very center where this algae is. Since probably about 8 ish months ago this algae has always been there it has gotten more full and died off then would grow back thicker and die off again, this cycle just keeps continuing. Is there anyway I can try to remove the algae??

IMG_1466.jpeg
Can the coral be removed?
Pick off what you can and use a cotton swab or similar with hydrogen peroxide on the algae. Let it sit for a couple minutes and put back in the tank. May have to do this a few times.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 74 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back