how close to plug n play are Inkbirds?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ballyhoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ballyhoo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Messages
840
Reaction score
228
Location
san diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or are they more plug n Pay than Plug n Play? I am having issues w my 33 gallon Nano and the Sicuan heater I have is placed in the rear sump area but for whatever reason I have it set @ 24C, and the tank s like 81 Fahrenheit. I do not know why this is, at the ambient temperature is around 76 degrees. So I am thinking about an Inkbird as they are on sale at BR but I am seeing mixed reviews like they are difficult to setup with with apps etc. So I am not sure if I want to purchase a headache. But then, I need to tightly control my water temp because I am developing a Nem tank.

Thanks!
 
I have the wifi one on my nem tank and the reg one on my other system and wish I would have went with the regular one for the nems too
 
There is a way to correct the display and temp reading but I don't remember exactly how it's in the distructions if you have them still
 
I use the non Wi-Fi version. It took about 10 minutes to set up and works without any additional attention. I clean the temp sensor about once a month just to make sure any buildup doesn't prevent correct readings
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new