How confident should I be ordering a Red Sea? What

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debating on upsizing from my current Marineland CornerFlo 65g to a Red Sea.

I would be placing the order online and delivering to my residence. With such a fragile, and expensive, purchase, how confident should I be in the safe transportation and product quality?

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very confident. I have two aquariums that have arrived in perfect shape. This is what they do. They have the system down. Just follow the instructions they give and if there damage to the shipment document it on the bill so that your covered. Both Red Sea and Waterbox are great brands.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a waterbox.
Just cross your fingers they don't deliver it broken - otherwise trying to get a replacement is akin to trying to pry a battery pack from Tesla.

Or just get a Red Sea G2 and stress less.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the option is available why not buy it from a local shop? The price is the same either way you go and you're helping a small business. They would probably help with delivery and setup as well.

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very confident. I have two aquariums that have arrived in perfect shape. This is what they do. They have the system down. Just follow the instructions they give and if there damage to the shipment document it on the bill so that your covered. Both Red Sea and Waterbox are great brands.
As solely a different opinion here, it took me three tries to get a reefer 170 that wasnt shattered or cracked. That said, they kept sending them until one arrived safely so that was a plus.

The new G2's look really good tho. I'll hold off until its proven they don't have the same seam issues, but so far they look phenomenal. The reefmat is also a strong sell

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had two Red Sea tanks delivered to my house without any issues. It’s in a wooden crate on a pallet and with foam all throughout the inside.

Anything is possible, mistakes happen, but it’s packaged as well as could be.

OP
OP
Phyber

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the option is available why not buy it from a local shop? The price is the same either way you go and you're helping a small business. They would probably help with delivery and setup as well.
I’ve asked around, closest local is ~70 miles away. I’m not near much. Hauling that in my Nissan frontier would worry me.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just had a Red Sea Reefer XL 300 G2 delivered last month new from Bulk Reef Supply. First tank, RL carriers stacked something on it, even though there are many warning stickers on the outside to not stack, and it was cracked.

Contacted Red Sea, sent a few pics, and in a couple of days, a new one was in its way and arrived shortly after. Replacement was perfect. It's now installed and has its first corals in today.

I was TERRIFIED at all the stories I'd heard about bad seams etc. Totally unfounded in my opinion. Stand is fantastic and sturdy and the tank is the nicest I've seen.

Marineland tank? You'll feel like you went from a Ford Pinto to a Lamborghini. The setup is super easy and the glass is very, very nice.

They're worth every penny and the Red Sea support I received was 10 of 10.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back