How did you justify buying a Radion Light?

Ksmmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me I did a lot of research before I spent a penny on my 2nd tank. The first one was purchased on a whim (biocube) after I had heart surgery and needed a diversion in my life. The 2nd one, 120 gallon, I researched exactly what I wanted and knew the cost before jumping in, unlike the 1st time. I have AI on the biocube now and think its a good light for that tank. The corals grew much better after replaced the original biocube light.

The 2nd tank I decided on Radions mostly because I thought the extra I spent on the lights would still be less than the what I would spend replacing corals that died because I didnt spend on good lights in the first place. I don't have any issue with AI lights, but I've had pretty good success with the Radions.

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I just wanted to reach out to the community to see why you purchased a Radion light fixture. Do you feel they are worth the extra cost when compared to Kessil, Aqua Illumination, or T5/led hybrids
Comparing most light setups Radion cost 50-80% more than others and doesn't even come with an phone app without buying another piece of equipment (Reeflink).

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on this, thanks guys.
So i justified my recent upgrade splurge because the price i was offered if i took everything. I originally had only inquired about three hanna checkers alk, phos, cal guy wanted $65 and had extra reagents for each. The guy had a emergency and basically had to liquidate everything. From the pictures he had quite the set up. I figured id ask about any live stock because I'm in dire need of more fish. During that convo he told me that he woukd give me a great deal if i took everything he had. 3 four month old g4 xr15 two mp40qdw the checkers and 4 different wrasse. He was asking $1150. In my humble opinion unbeatable. So i made it work. Unfortunately 3 wrasse died in the 5hour drive but buddy dropped the price to $1020 and threw in red sea 500ml calcium, alkalinity, magnesium, nopox, and trace colors for nothing. My justification was that i could never get all this stuff for any where near that price. At least not quickly and i could sell off my currently equipment to offset a bit.
20190920_220921.jpg

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back