How did your last tank maintenance go?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like a lot of us are always doing something with our tank to improve it, or doing our routine maintenance. I am wondering how did your last tank maintenance go? Did it go smooth and quickly? Or did it take some time, and you ran into troubles along the way.

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found during my last tank maintenance a couple weeks ago I was doing too much Maintenace. My softies where unhappy for a while in my 20 nano so I started doing more maintenance/water changes. I've been busy the last couple weeks with the holidays so have not done much Maintenace. Tank is looking great now. I'm going to drop my routine down to 10% water changes every other week and only clean aio chamber once a week (sponges/filter floss).

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I perform the exact same maintenance weekly and have done so for years so by now I have perfected it lol. I honestly don't think I have ever missed a weekend of manual water changes and equipment cleaning.

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skimmer pump stopped 4 days ago. One of the bushings seized to the shaft. The bushing was plastic. I found that a piece of RO tubing fit perfect. I'll let yas know if anything goes wrong with that but I think what I put in there was better than the original.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back