how do i connect/assign kh director if it does not show up in assign new devices?

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Try connecting from p4 to bottom PAB port of KHD then top PAB port of KHD to top port of doser then bottom PAB port of doser to your powerbar. Sometimes it doesn’t like the order.

OP
OP
ChiCity

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
p4e to khd to slave doser is the order

there are no other pab cables or powerbar hooked to the profilux
i do have a powerbar, but not using it

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well that’s all I got. Sorry. I would suggest hooking up the powerbar and see if it’s recognized. Also you need to read the manual and set everything up on a laptop via the latest GCC so you can update to the latest firmware and WiFi.

OP
OP
ChiCity

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i bought a pc just for this…
since it’s not mac compatible

very frustrating to say the least…

i’ve had to fight
with this product
every step of the way.

OP
OP
ChiCity

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
excellent customer service!
i’ll know in a week or so if their solution works…

but i have to tip my cap to gael and vinny

as long as this thing works in the end,
and does what it’s supposed to do…
i’ll be singing nothing but praise

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like you need to got to “system” then “assign and configure PAB devices” then “system reset” then “assign devices” then select them and hit save
I have been searching for hours on how to solve this. Updated the GHL firmware, kh director disappeared. And then this comment saved the day.

mfunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[Edited to add that I will submit a support ticket]

Similar problem as @Lionfish hunter after firmware update 2 days ago.

At first, KH Director didn't show up in GHL Connect at all. After searching here (and elsewhere) for answers, I successfully used system>'assign and configure PAB devices' > 'assign devices' to add KH Director back. It is 'visible' in the usual places again in GHL Connect, but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. I have reloaded the profilux 4 settings (saved via GHL connect before doing the firmware update). I'm not sure what else to try, and I'm nervous about causing new problems by doing the 'system reset' in the PAB ...

Thanks much-
Michele

Last edited:

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[Edited to add that I will submit a support ticket]

Similar problem as @Lionfish hunter after firmware update 2 days ago.

At first, KH Director didn't show up in GHL Connect at all. After searching here (and elsewhere) for answers, I successfully used system>'assign and configure PAB devices' > 'assign devices' to add KH Director back. It is 'visible' in the usual places again in GHL Connect, but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. I have reloaded the profilux 4 settings (saved via GHL connect before doing the firmware update). I'm not sure what else to try, and I'm nervous about causing new problems by doing the 'system reset' in the PAB ...

Thanks much-
Michele
New Alkatronic has been going for a couple weeks now. It’s mind blowing how much more accurate it is. And it just works, better than my GHL ever did in 2 years. 2 year supply of reagent for 110$.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Alkatronic has been going for a couple weeks now. It’s mind blowing how much more accurate it is. And it just works, better than my GHL ever did in 2 years. 2 year supply of reagent for 110$.

I am glad to hear you are happy with the competition's products. I guess your KHD was never setup correctly in the first place so you wouldn't say this. The GHL KHD is by far the most accurate KH measuring device which works with titration. But this is only the case when you follow the manual, use the supplied tubes, and most important: when the pumps are calibrated correctly. Also some users prefer to use other reagents than the original ones and wonder why their cheap self-mixed fluids don't produce reasonable results.
If you need further assistance to get your KHD in a reasonable operating state then please contact us via the known support channels.
You know what, your statement that the KHD would not be accurate made me think. Why don't you just send your KHD incl. the pumps to GHL USA, we test it and prove that the results are +/-0.1 accurate. We will take photos of the setup incl. screenshots of the results. If it is not accurate then we either repair or replace. What do you think?

Coming back to Michele's question.

When you do a ProfiLux or Doser firmware update it is possible that you need to assign the PAB devices, because in some cases (especially when it was a larger update / version jump) the internal memory needs to be reorganized.

This is simple:
1. click "assign PAB devices"
2. select ALL PAB devices which should work with this ProfiLux (or GHL Doser SA)

In the rare event that the PAB subsystem still doesn't work properly then execute a "PAB system reset" and do above steps thereafter.

From there on you have full access to all assigned devices. In your case the KHD and doser.

If you still have trouble then please contact us via the official support channels.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back