How do I connect my dosing pump to a dosing container?

  • Thread starter Thread starter >>klong<<
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

>>klong<<

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2020
Messages
369
Reaction score
394
Location
Hershey
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a rookie question. I made a DIY dosing container using a BRS mixing jug, a 1/4 bulkhead and 1/4 PVC tubing. I got a Kamoer dosing pump today, and I see that the dosing tubing is a different diameter than the 1/4 bulkhead. How am I supposed to connect the pump to the container?

IMG_1094.jpeg
IMG_1095.jpeg
 
I've got a rookie question. I made a DIY dosing container using a BRS mixing jug, a 1/4 bulkhead and 1/4 PVC tubing. I got a Kamoer dosing pump today, and I see that the dosing tubing is a different diameter than the 1/4 bulkhead. How am I supposed to connect the pump to the container?

IMG_1094.jpeg
IMG_1095.jpeg
I'm having this same issue. What did you come up with? The standard dosing tubes are 1/4 inch. The CoralVue/Kamoer comes with 4mm..
 
I'm having this same issue. What did you come up with? The standard dosing tubes are 1/4 inch. The CoralVue/Kamoer comes with 4mm..
I use these to convert. They're for airline tubing and they don't have any barbs, so use at your own risk, but I haven't had any issues with them.

IMG_2017.jpeg
IMG_2018.jpeg
 
I’ve found RO/DI tubing to not work well for dosing pumps if at all, the peristaltic pumps want to use the airline tube (sorry the type of plastic escapes me). Take a look at the DOS tubing in BRS and I’m sure you can find similar elsewhere, just don’t get more of that rigid to tube.

Even more diameter options:
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-factory-silicone-tubing-reef-factory.html
 
Last edited:
I’ve found RO/DI tubing to not work well for dosing pumps if at all, the peristaltic pumps want to use the airline tube (sorry the type of plastic escapes me). Take a look at the DOS tubing in BRS and I’m sure you can find similar elsewhere, just don’t get more of that rigid to tube.

Even more diameter options:
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-factory-silicone-tubing-reef-factory.html
Been using RO/DI tubing(1/4 inch) on my DOS, Kamoer, pacific sun kore 5, and previously on jebao, and versa pumps without issues for over 20 years without issues.

Heck I even use 1/4 RO/DI tubing running over 20 feet for AWC hooked up to a DOS.
 
Been using RO/DI tubing(1/4 inch) on my DOS, Kamoer, pacific sun kore 5, and previously on jebao, and versa pumps without issues for over 20 years without issues.

Heck I even use 1/4 RO/DI tubing running over 20 feet for AWC hooked up to a DOS.
never ever been able to get a proper seal with RO tubing on a dosing pump (old drew brs pumps too), you must have the magic touch!
 
I use these to convert. They're for airline tubing and they don't have any barbs, so use at your own risk, but I haven't had any issues with them.

IMG_2017.jpeg
IMG_2018.jpeg

Those look just like what the GHL dosers come with
 
Been using RO/DI tubing(1/4 inch) on my DOS, Kamoer, pacific sun kore 5, and previously on jebao, and versa pumps without issues for over 20 years without issues.

Heck I even use 1/4 RO/DI tubing running over 20 feet for AWC hooked up to a DOS.
I know this is an offer post, but would you mind sharing HOW you connected the ¼" tubbing to the kamoer's and ones like it.... i know how to do the DOS, but I'm having a tough time connecting the tubbing to a kamoer
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new