How do I connect my dosing pump to a dosing container?

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a rookie question. I made a DIY dosing container using a BRS mixing jug, a 1/4 bulkhead and 1/4 PVC tubing. I got a Kamoer dosing pump today, and I see that the dosing tubing is a different diameter than the 1/4 bulkhead. How am I supposed to connect the pump to the container?

IMG_1094.jpeg
IMG_1095.jpeg

Mike Lemming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a rookie question. I made a DIY dosing container using a BRS mixing jug, a 1/4 bulkhead and 1/4 PVC tubing. I got a Kamoer dosing pump today, and I see that the dosing tubing is a different diameter than the 1/4 bulkhead. How am I supposed to connect the pump to the container?

IMG_1094.jpeg
IMG_1095.jpeg
I'm having this same issue. What did you come up with? The standard dosing tubes are 1/4 inch. The CoralVue/Kamoer comes with 4mm..

OP
OP
>>klong<<

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having this same issue. What did you come up with? The standard dosing tubes are 1/4 inch. The CoralVue/Kamoer comes with 4mm..
I use these to convert. They're for airline tubing and they don't have any barbs, so use at your own risk, but I haven't had any issues with them.

IMG_2017.jpeg
IMG_2018.jpeg

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using bulkheads and rigid airline tubing from avast, with the dosing tube that came with my DOS. Same BRS jugs.

image.jpg image.jpg

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve found RO/DI tubing to not work well for dosing pumps if at all, the peristaltic pumps want to use the airline tube (sorry the type of plastic escapes me). Take a look at the DOS tubing in BRS and I’m sure you can find similar elsewhere, just don’t get more of that rigid to tube.

Even more diameter options:

Last edited:

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I used a piece of the ridged tubing coming out of the top, a little piece of 1/4” silicone tubing over that and the kamoer F1 Hose slides securely inside the silicone.
IMG_0168.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back